Monday, March 30, 2009

Ethical Lapses

Some of the examples given in class today about historical instances of ethical lapses surely gave me a reality check on the motives of a lot of people in this world. I've tried to surround myself with trustworthy people and I sometimes forget to be mindful that not everyone in society has the same ethical mindset as I do. The fact that a group of executives at Ford chose to let people die in order to save money blows my mind. 

Preparing to enter graduate school, I don't really plan to change anything from the ethical principles I try to live by today. When I first got to Clemson, it was a priority for the University to let the students know the type of ethical standards they expect from us. Coming from a Catholic private school background, it is no different than what was expected of me growing up. I expect to hold that same standard for myself in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment