Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Cover Letter Tutorial

One of the first things that struck me about the cover letters were they aren't actually ready until after your resume has been looked at first. I was always under the assumption that your cover letter always was read before anything else. When I was writing previous cover letters, I concentrated more upon myself then the company in which I was interested in. I will definitely need to change this in the future. I had never put much thought into the cover letter, and was not aware of all the important purposes it holds. 

Its important to focus on the company you are applying to. It should be personalized and time should be spent learning about the individual company. The best part of this cover letter tutorial for me was the example. I hadn't had much experience in the past on applying for jobs, so I didn't find anything that I strongly disagreed with. I think the tutorial was a great introduction to me starting to write my cover letter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment