Sunday, February 8, 2009

Interview Mistakes

I have to agree with the article regarding the interview mistakes. It seems like some of the most simple things can make a big difference. Because the company has such little experience working with you, the interview becomes the primary focus for how you would conduct yourself in the future. 

I think the biggest thing for me beginning to interview for jobs and graduate school is to just stay relaxed. I tend to get really nervous, and its easy to see. Practice and just more experience doing it will help me become more calm and relaxed. The three interviews I've had for my past summer internships had been really relaxed and to the point. I haven't had any with tough questions and required some thought beforehand like my biggest flaw or my best attributes. When I was a sophomore, I did have something similar to that when I was trying to get on the IPTAY student board. I wasn't prepared and froze a few times, and didn't end up getting it. I think I just need to take some time and think a little bit about everything and I'll be fine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment